New Schools and Campuses Service
The number of school-aged children in Queensland has been forecast to increase from around 800,000 in 2016 to nearly 1.1 million in 2036 (Source: Queensland Treasury 2015 Medium Series Projections). Capacity will need to be increased to cater for an estimated additional 263,000 students over this 20 year period (or some 13,000 extra each year).
Independent Schools Queensland provides advice and resources on setting up a new school or adding a campus to an existing school. We offer:
- Information on the steps involved in setting up a new independent school or campus
- Advice on the necessary approvals to operate a new school/campus
- Information on applying for approvals
- Information about government funding
- Assistance with school management issues, including industrial relations, and professional development for school leaders and staff.
The Queensland Independent Schools Block Grant Authority (QISBGA), a subsidiary company of Independent Schools Queensland, administers Australian and Queensland Government capital funding for independent schools. Read more
Principal Advisor (Strategic Resourcing)
Phone: (07) 3228 1564