Potential School Sites
From time to time, Independent Schools Queensland receives information from landholders and developers about potential future school sites.
Potential school Sites:
Karana Downs - 212 College Road
- Lot 02 RP 805597
- 38.86 ha
- Current use: 18 Hole Golf Course
- Facilities: Bar & Bistro Restaurant Function Centre
- 30+ Car parking Bays
Further information and contact details available here.
Priority Development Areas Priority Development Areas (PDA) are specifically declared by the State Government to be parcels of land for accelerated development. Development of PDA are overseen by Economic Development Queensland.
The master plans for these large new urban areas include provision for community facilities such as schools. The following details relate to the key four PDA that offer potential for new independent schools.
Caloundra South (Aura)
- Caloundra South is a Priority Development Area (PDA) located south of the existing Caloundra urban area, the Caloundra Aerodrome and the Sunshine Coast Regional Business and Industry Park. The Bruce Highway forms the western boundary and Bells Creek Road forms the southern boundary of the PDA (Click here to view)
- Caloundra South Priority Development Area covers 2310 hectares and will become a community providing approximately 20,000 dwellings to house a population of approximately 50,000 people. Up to 20 schools are expected to be needed as the community grows.
- The key developer is Stockland and the development has been named “Aura – City of Colour”.
- The State Government has committed to the first State primary school.
Yarrabilba, Logan City
- Yarrabilba is a Priority Development Area (PDA) located 20km south of Logan Central (Click here to view)
- Lend Lease is the master developer of this new master-planned community (Click here to view)
- The development is being phased over 30 years (2012-2042) with construction now occurring in Precincts 2 and 3.
- The development is expected to require 11 schools overall. St Clare’s Catholic Primary School will open in 2017 and the first State Primary School is planned for 2019
Flagstone by PEET Ltd
- PEET Ltd is one of the developers of Greater Flagstone which is a large Priority Development Area (PDA) located 9km west of Jimboomba (Click here to view)
- “Flagstone Rise” is being developed by PEET Ltd
Providence South Ripley by AMEX Corp
- Ripley Valley is a large Priority Development Area (PDA) located 5km south-west of the Ipswich CBD (Click here to view)
- “Providence South Ripley” is a development within the PDA that is being developed by AMEX Corporation
Principal Advisor (Strategic Resourcing)
Phone: (07) 3228 1564