School Business Services
Independent Schools Queensland provides specialist services and advice to assist independent schools to confidently undertake management of the school from the governance level to the day-to-day management of their facilities, people and students.
All schools need to comply with a wide range of legislation, regulation and policies from both Federal and State governments.
Our specialist advice and resources on business and regulatory matters help schools meet their obligations. We offer:
- Technical advice on compliance matters and operational management of independent schools
- General advice and interpretation of a range of school regulatory matters
- Specialist training and development opportunities for relevant school staff
- A monitoring service to keep member schools updated on key changes to legislation and regulations
- Advocacy on behalf of the sector on legislative change through representation and submissions to state and federal governments
- Resources including template policies, handbooks and other school documentation
Our areas of expertise:
- Legislation and regulation related to independent schooling
- School accreditation processes including the cyclical review program for non-state schools
- Reporting and accountability requirements, including annual school reports and the My School website
- Financial management including budgets
- School administration
Throughout the year, our professional learning and development opportunities enhance these services. See what’s on offer through the ISQ Events.
For more information about our School Business Services:
Assistant Director (School Services)
Phone: (07) 3228 1512