Information for parents
Queensland independent schools offer parents a wide choice for their children's education through a partnership between parents, students and the school.
Parents choose independent schools for their:
- high educational standards
- moral and spiritual values
- pastoral care and discipline
- programs to meet the needs and interests of individual students
- strong home-school partnerships
- extra- and co-curricular activities.
For more than 150 years Queensland’s independent schools have been providing high quality educational services to a wide range of students. Read more about the more than 200 independent schools in Queensland.
Find out more about independent schools and their communities.
Independent Schools Queensland can provide information to help you to:
- select the right school for your child
- understand the cost of independent schooling
- network with other parents and carers of children attending an independent school
- engage in your child's learning for improved outcomes.
Latest News & Events
Renewed National Narrative for Schooling Welcomed by Independent Schools
12 December 2019 - Queensland’s independent schooling sector has welcomed the release of a renewed national narrative for schooling, committing to work in partnership with all sectors and communities to achieve the vision for Australia’s education future.Find out more
Queensland Set to Usher in Extraordinary School Year
January 2020 - 2020 will be an extraordinary year for school education in Queensland with enrolments set to spike and Year 12s to sit external assessments for the first time in almost 50 years.Read more