Start of Content
Studying at a Queensland independent school provides students with a unique opportunity to further their education while learning about Australian life and culture.
Queensland independent schools welcome international students to study in a range of individual and group programs. Students can enrol in registered schools for periods of longer than 3 months on a full-time basis. Many independent schools also offer short-term study programs of less than 3 months.
Study in a Queensland independent school
Queensland offers international students opportunities to excel academically while enjoying Queensland's relaxed and friendly outdoor lifestyle.
Study in Brisbane
Study on the Gold Coast
Study in the Darling Downs
Study on the Sunshine Coast
Study on the Fraser Coast
Study in Central Queensland
Study in Far North Queensland
Download a Study in Queensland booklet in your language for more information about Queensland independent schools.
More information about studying at a Queensland independent school
Read more about:
- Learning English language intensive courses for overseas students. International students have opportunities to study English Language Intensive Courses for Overseas Students (ELICOS) in Queensland independent schools in short-term and long-term programs.
- Living in Queensland. Queensland offers international students opportunities to excel academically while enjoying a choice of recreation and leisure activities available in Queensland’s relaxed outdoor lifestyle.
- Student accommodation and welfare. There is a range of accommodation options for international students studying in Queensland independent schools.
- Long-term study options. Independent schools offer international students a range of long-term study options.
- Short-term study options. Independent schools offer international students a range of short-term study options.
- Student visas. Overseas students should be aware of the visa requirements of the Australian Government Department of Home Affairs for temporary entry to Australia.
- Student pathways. International students studying in Queensland schools have a range of options for further studies in Australia and overseas available to them.
Latest News & Events
ISQ Big Ideas Summit
29 July 2019 - Queensland independent schools are showcasing how education is being disrupted and classroom practice transformed at a major curriculum innovation summit today.
ISQ Briefings - July 2019
23 July 2019 - Executive Director David Robertson looks at the intent and relevance of a declaration (such as the Melbourne Declaration) for schooling, while Director (Strategic Relations) Shari Armistead and Design & Creative Sarah Heath examine design thinking as a solution to the 'wicked problem' of school education.