Studying at a Queensland independent school provides students with a unique opportunity to further their education while learning about Australian life and culture.
Queensland independent schools welcome international students to study in a range of individual and group programs. Students can enrol in registered schools for periods of longer than 3 months on a full-time basis. Many independent schools also offer short-term study programs of less than 3 months.
Study in a Queensland independent school
Queensland offers international students opportunities to excel academically while enjoying Queensland's relaxed and friendly outdoor lifestyle.
Download a Study in Queensland booklet in your language for more information about Queensland independent schools.
More information about studying at a Queensland independent school
Read more about:
- Learning English language intensive courses for overseas students. International students have opportunities to study English Language Intensive Courses for Overseas Students (ELICOS) in Queensland independent schools in short-term and long-term programs.
- Living in Queensland. Queensland offers international students opportunities to excel academically while enjoying a choice of recreation and leisure activities available in Queensland’s relaxed outdoor lifestyle.
- Student accommodation and welfare. There is a range of accommodation options for international students studying in Queensland independent schools.
- Long-term study options. Independent schools offer international students a range of long-term study options.
- Short-term study options. Independent schools offer international students a range of short-term study options.
- Student visas. Overseas students should be aware of the visa requirements of the Australian Government Department of Home Affairs for temporary entry to Australia.
- Student pathways. International students studying in Queensland schools have a range of options for further studies in Australia and overseas available to them.
Latest News & Events
Renewed National Narrative for Schooling Welcomed by Independent Schools
12 December 2019 - Queensland’s independent schooling sector has welcomed the release of a renewed national narrative for schooling, committing to work in partnership with all sectors and communities to achieve the vision for Australia’s education future.Find out more
Queensland Set to Usher in Extraordinary School Year
January 2020 - 2020 will be an extraordinary year for school education in Queensland with enrolments set to spike and Year 12s to sit external assessments for the first time in almost 50 years.Read more