Early childhood & kindergarten
More than half of all independent schools in Queensland are either operating or are co-located and affiliated with an early childhood service.
This helps to provide a smooth transition for those children moving on to Prep at the same school, including a sense of community, strong relationships between kindergarten and Prep teachers, and familiarity and confidence with surroundings, all of which serve to give a child further opportunity for a successful transition.
Member schools can access a range of early childhood information and services to:
- understand the steps involved in setting up a new early childhood service
- comply with legislative and regulatory requirements and develop key early childhood policies
- meet the requirements of the Queensland Kindergarten Funding Scheme
- become a member of our Kindergarten Central Governing Body (ISQ CGB)
- support access and participation of children with disability in kindergarten programs
- access professional learning for early childhood educators
- improve transition to school
- participate in the Australian Early Development Census
Latest News & Events
Costs Could Constrain Future Growth in Independent Sector
17 October 2019 - Parental choice in schooling could be eroded if the independent schooling sector is unable to meet forecast enrolment growth due to high land and infrastructure costs, ISQ has warned.Find out more