Start of Content
Educational Performance & Development
Independent Schools Queensland (ISQ) is committed to supporting schools to strengthen student outcomes and enhance staff development.
For access to ISQ's full range of information, services and support related to educational performance and development, please visit our member-only content area. Member-only content includes more information about:
- Supporting teaching and learning. Access to a range of professional learning, online community spaces, learning programs and resources for schools to successfully deliver the curriculum.
- Building teacher capacity. Information and support to implement effective, evidence-based performance and development processes that contribute to the growth and development of every teacher.
- Building leaders. Tailored leadership programs based on individual development needs.
- Strategic planning and improvement. Tools and support for schools to develop sustainable processes to plan, implement and evaluate improvement strategies that are relevant to their context and unique characteristics.
Non-member schools can also access information related to educational performance and development, including:
- Australian Curriculum. ISQ has developed progression points in English, Mathematics and Digital Technologies to support teachers in independent schools with the implementation of version 8 of the Australian Curriculum. Progression points are available to non-member schools.
- Government funded programs. ISQ is an Approved Authority for a number of Australian and Queensland government funded programs and provides advice and assistance to schools on accessing and effectively using government funded programs.
- Highly Accomplished and Lead Teacher certification. As a HALT certifying authority, ISQ provides a nationally consistent approach to certifying teachers according to the advanced career stages of the Australian Professional Standards for Teachers.
Latest News & Events
ISQ Big Ideas Summit
29 July 2019 - Queensland independent schools are showcasing how education is being disrupted and classroom practice transformed at a major curriculum innovation summit today.
ISQ Briefings - July 2019
23 July 2019 - Executive Director David Robertson looks at the intent and relevance of a declaration (such as the Melbourne Declaration) for schooling, while Director (Strategic Relations) Shari Armistead and Design & Creative Sarah Heath examine design thinking as a solution to the 'wicked problem' of school education.