Start of Content
Educational Performance & Development
Independent Schools Queensland (ISQ) is committed to supporting schools to strengthen student outcomes and enhance staff development.
For access to ISQ's full range of information, services and support related to educational performance and development, please visit our member-only content area. Member-only content includes more information about:
- Supporting teaching and learning. Access to a range of professional learning, online community spaces, learning programs and resources for schools to successfully deliver the curriculum.
- Building teacher capacity. Information and support to implement effective, evidence-based performance and development processes that contribute to the growth and development of every teacher.
- Building leaders. Tailored leadership programs based on individual development needs.
- Strategic planning and improvement. Tools and support for schools to develop sustainable processes to plan, implement and evaluate improvement strategies that are relevant to their context and unique characteristics.
Non-member schools can also access information related to educational performance and development, including:
- Australian Curriculum. ISQ has developed progression points in English, Mathematics and Digital Technologies to support teachers in independent schools with the implementation of version 8 of the Australian Curriculum. Progression points are available to non-member schools.
- Government funded programs. ISQ is an Approved Authority for a number of Australian and Queensland government funded programs and provides advice and assistance to schools on accessing and effectively using government funded programs.
- Highly Accomplished and Lead Teacher certification. As a HALT certifying authority, ISQ provides a nationally consistent approach to certifying teachers according to the advanced career stages of the Australian Professional Standards for Teachers.
National Certification Journey Begins
14 February 2018 - Exemplary teachers in Queensland’s independent schooling sector are putting themselves forward to undergo a rigorous national certification process to confirm their impact in the classroom.
Find out more
Early Years Funding Extended
4 February 2018 - Independent Schools Queensland (ISQ) has welcomed the Australian Government’s $440 million extension of the National Partnership Agreement on Universal Access to Early Childhood Education to the end of 2019.
Find out more
Briefings Volume 22 Issue 1
The January/February 2018 issue of Briefings includes an ED opinion piece "Commentary on Schooling on the Wrong Track", and a research article "Comparative Judgement: An Option for Reducing Marking Loads".