Start of Content
School Business & Administration
Independent Schools Queensland (ISQ) provides specialist services and advice to assist independent schools to confidently meet their regulatory and legislative requirements and to provide best practices in the school services they provide.
Some of the school business and administration services ISQ offer include:
- technical advice on compliance matters and operational management of independent schools
- general advice and interpretation on a range of school regulatory matters
- specialist training and development opportunities for relevant school staff
- a monitoring service to keep member schools updated on key changes to legislation and regulations
- advocacy on behalf of the sector on legislative change through representation and submissions to state and federal governments
- resources including template policies, handbooks and other school documentation.
ISQ also provides advice and resources to anyone:
More information about ISQ's full range of school business and administration services, resources and information is available in our member-only content area.
ISQ Briefings - April 2018 edition
24 April 2018 - In the April edition of Briefings, ISQ Executive Director David Robertson responds to continuing divisive media coverage on school funding, while ISQ Director (Education Services) Josephine Wise writes about recent discoveries around school pedagogical practices for high achievement.
ISQ Hosts Federal Education Minister
17 April 2018 - ISQ was pleased to host Federal Education Minister Simon Birmingham who updated independent and Catholic school leaders on the progress of key national education reform initiatives at a forum at ISQ's Professional Learning Centre.
Schools Reinvest Surplus Funds
12 April 2018 - Grammar schools, like all independent schools, are not-for-profit institutions, which means all funds must be used to fulfil and further their education mission to students.
Find out more