Start of Content
School Business & Administration
Independent Schools Queensland (ISQ) provides specialist services and advice to assist independent schools to confidently meet their regulatory and legislative requirements and to provide best practices in the school services they provide.
Some of the school business and administration services ISQ offer include:
- technical advice on compliance matters and operational management of independent schools
- general advice and interpretation on a range of school regulatory matters
- specialist training and development opportunities for relevant school staff
- a monitoring service to keep member schools updated on key changes to legislation and regulations
- advocacy on behalf of the sector on legislative change through representation and submissions to state and federal governments
- resources including template policies, handbooks and other school documentation.
ISQ also provides advice and resources to anyone:
More information about ISQ's full range of school business and administration services, resources and information is available in our member-only content area.
National Certification Journey Begins
14 February 2018 - Exemplary teachers in Queensland’s independent schooling sector are putting themselves forward to undergo a rigorous national certification process to confirm their impact in the classroom.
Find out more
Early Years Funding Extended
4 February 2018 - Independent Schools Queensland (ISQ) has welcomed the Australian Government’s $440 million extension of the National Partnership Agreement on Universal Access to Early Childhood Education to the end of 2019.
Find out more
Briefings Volume 22 Issue 1
The January/February 2018 issue of Briefings includes an ED opinion piece "Commentary on Schooling on the Wrong Track", and a research article "Comparative Judgement: An Option for Reducing Marking Loads".